Friday, May 8, 2009

Most Popular Short Film Award 2006

 

Boss sent a mail to us today that says:

“For those who are involved in the projects esp. with WVI, a film to remind us of the greater cause. Do work with joy and determination. I am glad to know that we were the cheapest bid for the XXXX project. Means funds saved can be channel to have higher impact on children in need around the globe.”

 

***

Was talking to a work partner last night whilst compiling a document for the project and he asked: “still working?”. It was already 1am I reckon. And yes I was still working.

 

But I must admit that I haven’t been THIS committed to A project for a really long time, WVI is an exceptional case. “Why so?” work partner asked.

 

Because I am not convinced that what I am doing or what I’ve done for most of the projects were something meaningful, or even, remotely close to being one. Money spent to get us in were never once a “need”, at least not from what I could recall. They spent the money for the sake of burning off the budget of the year and meet their KPI, i wonder they would ever utilize what have been implemented… whereas this project, I see where they are coming from and I certainly know what could be changed, and I look forward seeing that change, as well as the change in myself, I don’t know… in need to feel fullfilled may be?

 

I would have applied for a job there just for the sake of living in a solid daily life, too bad I am not a Christian. For those who are Christian and would like to get a job in WorldVision, they are setting up an office here and they are hiring. Leave me a message if you are interested and I will direct you to the right channel for the job application.

No comments: